Monday, August 17, 2009

My name is Khan! So what?

The self styled King Khan aka, Shahrukh Khan also has FiM syndrome (FiM - Foot in Mouth). The sad part is that media is hungry for news that they will lap up anything. No matter how crappy the topic.

Shahrukh made such a big noise for a delay at Newark Airport. Ask other Indians (without the Khan on their name) who have no contacts with the Shuklajis of the world and hence cannot call up or afford to create a ruckus with the immigration staff. They have at some point gone through the security scanner (could be due to profiling) and frankly no one minds although it is a hassle. This is a security principle and it does not matter if you are a Khan or a Tripathy or a Powel.

The security staff did their job. I remember even our Ex President Dr. Kalam being frisked in India and he never complained. What's wrong with Shahrukh? You are no real king? And even if you are, when it comes to security, you better stop dreaming and be a commoner.

In one of my flights from Boston to Miami, I was asked to go through the same procedure and my name does not have a Khan. My friend who is an American Citizen and has a last name of Balmer (he is not Steve) had to go through the same procedure upon arrival at Toronto. This is regular work for the security staff. I think one should appreciate it rather than complaining about it.

You know, when I was speaking to a friend on this, she had two possible explanations for Shahrukh Khan's behavior.

01. His show in the US was not sold out, hence he wanted to get some media hype so that he and the promoters can make money
02. This is one of the poorest or campaigns for this forthcoming movie ...my name is Khan...

FiM Syndrome catches on fast!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I started to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]